MON, 3PM ET
BAR
AJA
TUES, 2:45PM ET
SCH
SPC

Rare Football Shirts Revealed From Umbro’s Archives

umbro football shirt archives Rare Football Shirts Revealed From Umbros Archives

Umbro has been going through its football archives and have unearthed a treasure trove of classic football shirts from the 1970′s and onwards. Whether you’re a fan of club or international football, there are plenty of shirt designs here that will send you back in time.

Included in the archive are classic shirts from Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, England, Everton and many other Premier League clubs. Click through to see pictures of the classic football shirts:

manchester united home shirt umbro Rare Football Shirts Revealed From Umbros Archives

Manchester United home shirt

england away shirt 1966 Rare Football Shirts Revealed From Umbros Archives

England away shirt, 1966 World Cup

england away shirt red Rare Football Shirts Revealed From Umbros Archives

England away shirt

england away shirt umbro Rare Football Shirts Revealed From Umbros Archives

England away shirt

everton home shirt umbro retro Rare Football Shirts Revealed From Umbros Archives

Everton home shirt

everton home shirt umbro1 Rare Football Shirts Revealed From Umbros Archives

Everton home shirt

manchester city 1976 home shirt Rare Football Shirts Revealed From Umbros Archives

Manchester City home shirt

tottenham hotspur home shirt Rare Football Shirts Revealed From Umbros Archives

Tottenham Hotspur home shirt

west brom away shirt retro Rare Football Shirts Revealed From Umbros Archives

West Bromwich Albion away shirt

west brom away shirt Rare Football Shirts Revealed From Umbros Archives

Norwich City home shirt

Browse through the rest of the Umbro football shirts archive to see lots more shirts.

27 Responses to Rare Football Shirts Revealed From Umbro’s Archives

1. Tom says:

Hi – glad you like our football shirt archive! We’ve been slowly photographing them and adding them to Flickr over the last few days.
    We’ve tried to identify as many of the shirts as we can, but unfortunately there are still quite a few which we have no idea what team they were used by. We also don’t know which year/season most of them date back. So if anyone can help fill in the gaps in our knowledge, please add a comment or relevant tags on the photo pages.

2. tommy two bit says:

love that Spurs away (purple). What year?

3. Grant says:

I think you’ll find that the last one is actually a Norwich home shirt. And the Spurs purple shirt is from the ’94/’95 season…I had the one a couple yrs after that where is was the same two colors but as stripes.

4. Soccergoalx says:

I like the pure red England jersey with a logo. That is simple and nice.

5. stretcharmstrong says:

the sunderland home shirt looks as though it’s been through a shredder! how did it manage to get into such a state?

6. Paul Bestall says:

What a fantastic collection. I am so envious! I’ll drop some details on the site if that’s ok Tom if you’re struggling to connect the seasons.

7. Justin says:

Methinks the last shirt is Norwich City, not WBA . Good thing they saved the best shirt for last.

8. The Gaffer says:

Justin, thanks for pointing that out. It is indeed Norwich City, not West Bromwich Albion as I originally indicated. Good catch.

9. Thomas says:

The real old school ones are nice. Basically the ones sans adverts.

10. LS says:

One aspect of the older shirts that I like is the more prominent team crest. Some shirts now are more recognizable by their sponsor than the team crest. Kind of sad.

11. Tom says:

Thanks for all of the comments and your help identifying the shirts, I have been busy updating the image names over the last few days.
    I have asked around the office today about the Sunderland Shirt. Unfortunately I have turned up no new information other than it was used in the final and has been in a cupboard at Umbro since. I even tried lookin through old images on Google to see if I could match the stains to any of the pictures of the players during the game, but no joy!

12. dan says:

i am inquiring can you purchase any of the both shirts, i am interested in the man u one 1996-97 shirt. let me know.

• Simon says:

Hey Dan, as i have just posted, i have a short sleeve version of the Man Utd shirt you are after. Shorts too! although they have had a small tare home stitched. How much was it you were after them for? am sure we can sort something out!

13. Nigel says:

The 2 Villa shirt home and yellow away were from 1971. They were my favorite shirts and would give anything to own them now

14. Simon says:

Hi peeps, I have dug out my old Manchester United Home Short Sleeve Shirt and Shorts. It looks identical to the one in the 1st picture. any ideas on the best way to sell it? It is in excellent nick – a small tare in the shorts, which has been home stiched! Mail me!

15. del boy says:

would love to find the classic scotland 78 world cup shirt complete with white umbro diamonds on sleeves ,just cant buy it on any retro site!!!

16. Klinsmann says:

Hi folks, great selection.

I am looking for the tottenham jersey of 94/95, with “Klinsmann” and his number 18 Home and away. Its ok if its blank. I can get the name an number on it myself.
    I cant seem to find it at all. If someone can help me
    please do so. I’m desperate to get my hands on one of them for Years.
    Size L, would be great

17. simon gregory says:

Hi, i have alot of pictures of rare football shirts, if you would like to use them let me know, if you could mension my website with them that would be great, thanks simon

18. pol says:

hi i find one shirt from manchester united from the season 94 95 with the champions leage patch and the number in felv and no name in the back the sharp logo is printed and everything seems to be fine but i want you to help me if there’s any shirt of thst kind or if its a copy

19. Your site is very interesting. Thanks

20. Pau Yates says:

does anyone have the bolton shirt above that i could buy, I used to have it as boy, the larger size the better

21. mac?man says:

Hello.
    I see this blog from Japan.
    My blog has published a football shirt.
    You like, please visit.

22. Tony Pennock says:

We have a 1970 white official England shirt with a number 24 in red on it. Only 22 players went, can you shed any light on this please?

23. baggiebloke says:

The West Brom shirt is fantastic. I had the home version as a kid growing up in Sedgley and Coseley. Up The Baggies!

24. Mike says:

The last shirt is a Norwich shirt, i have a Original Graham Paddon Match worn from the same season 1972 / 1973

25. ROY MORLEY says:

some nice wba shirts especially the 78 semi final that was worn v Ipswich there is a famous photo that was used for a while of john wile wearing the ss version of this shirt blood streaming down his face after a clash of heads with Brian talbot of Ipswich well before the terry butcher image pity you wouldn’t make a retro of this shirt I for one would buy it be something to think about maybe? reproduce the teams of the 70s from what it now the premier league may be do it in a presentation box with a breif history toffs do one but its a poor copy nothing like yours you have all thease in the archive why not bring some life back when foot ball was football no overplayed cheats them times where the best please think about this … oh one last thing I am a big wba fan and I have in my collection one of the last umbro shirts made for wba they whent to score line , it’s Garth crooks match shirt and I also have that’s quite rare I have tony goddens green umbro gk shirt worn against sporting braga in the European cup ., if you like I will send you some photos to include on your site love to share . but please consider re issuing some shirts like this 78 cup shirt they would sell specialy if you did them how they where back in the day ..thanks

26. Brian Scott says:

Being looking for the 1971 yellow and blue villa away top for years any idea where I can get one from.