Fox Soccer Channel scored 230,000 viewers who watched the Liverpool against Chelsea match on its US TV network on February 1, 2009, according to Nielsen TV ratings.
In comparison, here are the number of viewers for a selection of other Premier League matches (and an England match) televised by Fox since October, 2008:
- Manchester United v Chelsea, 243,000 viewers (January 11, 2009)
- Manchester City v Liverpool, 224,000 viewers (October 5, 2008)
- Blackburn Rovers v Manchester United, 199,000 viewers (October 4, 2008)
- England v Kazakhstan, 176,000 viewers (October 10, 2008)
- West Bromwich Albion v Fulham, 81,000 viewers (October 4, 2008)
During the live coverage of Liverpool against Chelsea, which kicked off at 11am ET, Fox Soccer Channel had higher ratings than the NFL Network, Spike TV, ESPN News and ESPN 2 in the same timeslot.