Champions League News Roundup
I thought I would share with you some of the articles that have caught my eye over the past couple of days:
- Kartik of Major League Soccer Talk argues that Landon Donovan’s trial with Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich is a good move for the player.
- Kudos to Werder Bremen for taking a tough stance on extremist fans
- Congrats to Rubin Kazan – Russian Premier League champs
- How FourFourTwo selected their Top 100 players on the planet.
- Some bad news for one of my favourite players, Owen Hargreaves, the England international and Manchester United midfielder whose season is done and speculation is that his career may be in jeopardy as well.
- Juan Arango of La Liga Talk covers the historic Copa del Rey defeat suffered by Real Madrid at the hands of Real Unión, a Segunda B (third division) side. What is it with Spanish Primera teams losing to Segunada B teams this year? There are more second legs to come today but unless they have a massive turnaround Villarreal will go out at the hands of Club Polideportivo Ejido, who won the first leg 5-0.
- Not helping his case at all, Real Madrid boss Bernd Schuster said he had “no idea” why his team leaked 6 goals over two legs to a third division side.
- This article is a bit older but Sid Lowe of the Guardian wrote a nice piece on how Pep Guardiola has Barcelona looking like champions again.