SUN, 11AM ET
GAL
WED, 2:45PM ET
BAS
LFC

Ramos's Poor English Speaking Skills Will Be The Downfall Of Spurs

juande ramos Ramos's Poor English Speaking Skills Will Be The Downfall Of Spurs

It’s no wonder that Tottenham Hotspur are playing so abysmally this season. Have you heard Juande Ramos’s English? Seriously, if you were a player on the Spurs squad and you listened to Ramos speak, would you understand him, respect him and be motivated by him?

Listen to his Friday press conference below and you tell me.

[display_podcast]

The first voice is the journalist asking the question. The second person speaking is the translator, and the third voice is Spurs manager Juande Ramos.

How can Ramos effectively communicate with his Tottenham players when his English is so poor and, to be frank, he sounds effeminate? Sure, Gus Poyet is able to bridge the gap and is bilingual, but my concern is that Ramos’s poor English skills must be having an impact on the poor form of his side.

10 Responses to Ramos's Poor English Speaking Skills Will Be The Downfall Of Spurs

1. tyduffy says:

Well, supposedly, Rafa Benitez can't really speak English that well either. I don't really think the issue is lack of communication.

2. jesse says:

” he sounds effeminate?” this comment is beyond stupid……dig a little deeper next time.

3. Sidders says:

What a stupid thing to say, his English is as good as Scolari…don´t see anyone picking on him!!

4. mort says:

Get off his back. How quickly can you learn Spanish, my friend?

5. Auslander25 says:

I find it somewhat ironic that you think Ramos sounds effeminate. Have you heard your own voice?

6. The Gaffer says:

C'mon, Scolari's English is miles better than Ramos's.

7. The Gaffer says:

Thanks Auslander for the support ; )

8. The Gaffer says:

After being at a club for one year with a full-time translator and teacher, I know I'd be a much better speaker of Spanish than Ramos is at English right now.

9. DoublePivot says:

We get it Chris. You hate us. Write about someone else. The objectivity that I always thought was your strength has turned into vitriol. And for whom? A mid-table wannabe.

10. The Gaffer says:

Chris, I don't hate Spurs. Far from it. But I call it as I see it. For all of the negative things I've written about Spurs. I've written plenty of positive articles too. The same applies to other teams.