Champions League: Your Running Commentary
The group stage of the Champions League begins today with several intriguing matches as well as the return of Chelsea and Liverpool to continental football.
Be sure to set your DVRs for the following matches on TV today in the United States (all times eastern).
- Bordeaux vs. Chelsea: 2:30pm ESPN2/ESPN360.com
- Sporting Lisbon vs. Barcelona: 2:30pm- ESPN Deportes and 5pm ESPN Classic
- Marseille vs. Liverpool: 2:30pm Setanta (replayed at 7:15pm Setanta).
- PSV Eindhoven vs. Atletico Madrid: 5pm ESPN Deportes
- Panathanaikos vs. Inter Milan: 5:35pm Setanta, and 7:30pm ESPN Deportes
If you’ll be watching – or have watched – today’s matches, please share your thoughts, insight, opinions and some play-by-play in the comments section below.
In the meantime, be sure to visit our sister site Champions League Talk for previews of Group C, Group B and Group A, as well as how Sporting Lisbon could cause an upset today against Barcelona.
About Christopher Harris
Founder and publisher of World Soccer Talk, Christopher Harris is the managing editor of the site. He has been interviewed by The New York Times, The Guardian and several other publications. Plus he has made appearances on NPR, BBC World, CBC, BBC Five Live, talkSPORT and beIN SPORT.
Harris, who has lived in Florida since 1984, has supported Swansea City since 1979. He's also an expert on soccer in South Florida, and got engaged during half-time of a MLS game.
Harris launched EPL Talk in 2005, which was rebranded as World Soccer Talk in 2013.
View all posts by Christopher Harris →