SAT, 7AM ET
CRY
SAT, 10AM ET
QPR
SUN

Bundesliga Statistics: Week 1

Posted on by Mark

bundesliga Bundesliga Statistics: Week 1If you’re anything like me, you love reveling in statistics. While in isolation, especially at the beginning of the Bundesliga season, they don’t reveal much. But as time goes on it should be possible to discern patterns between some of these statistics and how the table shakes out. Here are some of the basic stats, with some omissions (notably shots and shots on goal). Leave your thoughts as to what you’d like to see added (or removed) for future editions of Bundesliga Stats and I’ll be happy to oblige.

Attendance
Total – 341,700
Average/Game – 37,967
Highest – 69,000 (Bayern vs. Hamburg)
Lowest – 19,000 (Cottbus vs. Hoffenheim)

Goals
Total – 29
Average/Game – 3.22
Most/Game – 5 (Leverkusen vs. Dortmund)
Fewest/Game – 1 (Karlsruhe vs. Bochum)

Yellow Cards
Total – 35
Average/Game – 3.89
Most/Game – 6 (Karlsruhe vs. Bochum)
Fewest/Game – 1 (Frankfurt vs. Hertha)
Most/Team – 4 (Bochum, Hamburg)
Fewest/Team – 0 (Frankfurt, Wolfsburg)

Red Cards
No Red Cards Awarded

Corners
Total – 79
Average/Game – 8.78
Most/Team – 11 (Frankfurt)
Fewest/Team – 1 (Karlsruhe)

Offsides
Total – 64
Average/Game – 7.11
Most/Team – 7 (Köln, Gladbach)
Fewest/Team – 1 (Dortmund)

10 Responses to Bundesliga Statistics: Week 1

1. bryan SFO says:

My favorite stats are the attendance. It's revealing especially if you know the capacity of each club's stadium. You learn e.g. that the Wolfsburger are ungrateful, the Herthaner are depressed, and the Cologners are happy only at the beginning of the season.

2. bryan SFO says:

My favorite stats are the attendance. It’s revealing especially if you know the capacity of each club’s stadium. You learn e.g. that the Wolfsburger are ungrateful, the Herthaner are depressed, and the Cologners are happy only at the beginning of the season.

3. diana says:

Same here, bryan. It's always pretty mind-boggling.

Reveling in statistics is one of my guilty pleasures, Mark. You are not alone. For me, it had gone to the extent that at one time when I once studied accounting, I picked business statistics (that was what it was called) as one of the modules to study.

Anyways, I have two suggestions. How about number of fouls committed and head-to-head records? For the former, we can see who is the most disciplined team (and not) and as for the latter, actually…it's also another of my favourite stat to look at.

4. diana says:

Same here, bryan. It’s always pretty mind-boggling.

Anyways, I have two suggestions. How about number of fouls committed and head-to-head records? For the former, we can see who is the most disciplined team (and not) and as for the latter, actually…it’s also another of my favourite stat to look at.

5. Duffman says:

Could we have an extra bit on the corners to reflct how many goals were scored from them? I think a measure of a good defense is how good they are at defending set-pieces.

6. Duffman says:

7. Mark says:

Okay, thanks for the input guys. I'll see what I can compile together for next week. Oh, I also plan on adding a season tally and average with all the weekly figures, so look for that.

8. Mark says:

Okay, thanks for the input guys. I’ll see what I can compile together for next week. Oh, I also plan on adding a season tally and average with all the weekly figures, so look for that.

9. Jan says:

“You learn e.g. that the Wolfsburger are ungrateful, the Herthaner are depressed, and the Cologners are happy only at the beginning of the season.”

How could you learn that, given that Hertha and Cologne have yet to play at home?

10. Jan says: