BBC World News Interviews The Gaffer
It’s a really busy but exciting time in the Premier League right now, and the same is true at EPL Talk HQ — where Hurricane Fay, now Tropical Storm Fay, is bringing a ton of rain, wind and tornadoes on us.
While we’re trying to stay dry and safe, there’s a few important updates I’d like to make you aware of:
- BBC World News Interview. I’m scheduled to be interviewed by BBC World News at 12:45pm GMT/8:45am ET/1:45pm UK time tomorrow, Wednesday, August 20. I’ll be featured on a show called “My Games,” where the topic of discussion will be how to spot future Olympic stars. I’ll be interviewed by Adnan Nawaz. More information about BBC World News can be found here. The TV news channel is carried around the world but is typically hard to find on U.S. satellite and cable providers.
- Yahoo Buzz. At the foot of each article, you’ll see a new button labeled ‘Buzz up!’ It’s a relatively new feature from Yahoo and works very similarly to Digg which is where they copied the idea from. If you enjoy reading the articles at EPL Talk, please click on the ‘Buzz up!’ buttons so the EPL Talk stories can go up the charts at Yahoo Buzz.
- Setanta Sports. The Irish broadcaster has added a new feature to its website where football fans can share their opinions by uploading videos that are 90 seconds or less. I’ve posted the first one here. As a way to encourage you to post a video, the next person who gets their video published on that page will receive a choice of one of two books: “Love & Blood” by Jamie Trecker or “Bloody Confused” by Chuck Culpepper. Post your video today at http://www.bubbletestimonial.com/profile.php?id=91671375
- New Footer. It’s usually pretty difficult to get excited about a footer, but the new one that we’ve added near the bottom of this page features all of the different categories of topics that we cover at EPL Talk. Here’s a really useful way of seeing what articles we have. Just click on any of the links to find articles pertaining to that topic.
- New Milestone. A couple of weeks ago, EPL Talk published its 2,000th article. Three thousand here we come!