SUN, 11AM ET
ARS
GAL
WED, 2:45PM ET
BAS
LFC

Fox Soccer Channel & Setanta Sports Announce 08/09 EPL TV Schedule

fox soccer channel1 Fox Soccer Channel & Setanta Sports Announce 08/09 EPL TV ScheduleThe U.S. TV schedules for the first part of the 2008/2009 Premier League season have been announced. Here are the scheduled games to appear on Setanta Sports and Fox Soccer Channel. Thanks to Jeff Hash and Mike Kenna for their help.

Saturday, August 16
Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion, 7:45am ET, Setanta Sports
Everton v Blackburn Rovers, 10am ET, Fox Soccer Channel
Aston Villa v Manchester City, 10am ET, Setanta Sports
Hull v Fulham, time TBD (either 10am on Setanta Xtra or that afternoon on tape delay), Setanta Sports

Sunderland v Liverpool, 12:30pm ET, Fox Soccer Channel
West Ham United v Wigan Athletic, 2:30pm ET (tape delay), Fox Soccer Channel

Sunday, August 17
Chelsea v Portsmouth, 8:30am ET, Setanta Sports
Manchester United v Newcastle United, 11am ET, Fox Soccer Channel

Saturday, August 23
Liverpool v Middlesbrough, 10am ET, Setanta Sports
Tottenham v Sunderland, 10am ET, Fox Soccer Channel
Newcastle v Bolton, time TBD (either 10am on Setanta Xtra or that afternoon on tape delay), Setanta Sports
West Brom v Everton, time TBD (either 10am on Setanta Xtra or that afternoon on tape delay), Setanta Sports
Fulham v Arsenal, 12:30pm ET, Fox Soccer Channel
Stoke v Aston Villa, 2:30pm ET, Fox Soccer Channel

Sunday, August 24
Wigan v Chelsea, 8:30am ET, Setanta Sports
Manchester City v West Ham United, 11am ET
, Fox Soccer Channel

Monday, August 25
Portsmouth v Manchester United, 3pm ET, Setanta Sports

Saturday, August 30
Everton v Portsmouth, 10am ET, Fox Soccer Channel

Middlesbrough v Stoke, 10am ET, Setanta Sports
Sunderland v Man City, time TBD (either 10am on Setanta Xtra or that afternoon on tape delay), Setanta Sports
West Ham v Blackburn, time TBD (either 10am on Setanta Xtra or that afternoon on tape delay), Setanta Sports
Arsenal v Newcastle, 12:30pm ET, Fox Soccer Channel

Sunday, August 31
Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur, 8:30am ET, Setanta Sports
Aston Villa v Liverpool, 11am ET, Fox Soccer Channel

Saturday, September 13
Liverpool v Manchester United, 7:45am ET, Setanta Sports
Blackburn v Arsenal, 10am ET, Setanta Sports
Game TBA, 10am ET, Fox Soccer Channel
Fulham v Bolton, time TBD (either 10am on Setanta Xtra or that afternoon on tape delay), Setanta Sports
West Brom v West Ham,
Man City v Chelsea, 12:30pm ET, Fox Soccer Channel

Sunday, September 14
Stoke City v Everton, 8:30am ET, Setanta Sports

Monday, September 15
Tottenham v Aston Villa, 3pm ET, Setanta Sports

Saturday, September 20
Sunderland v Middlesbrough, 7am ET, Setanta Sports
Game TBA, 10am ET, Fox Soccer Channel
Blackburn v Fulham, 10am ET, Setanta Sports
Liverpool v Stoke, time TBD (either 10am on Setanta Xtra or that afternoon on tape delay), Setanta Sports
Bolton v Arsenal, 12:30pm ET, Fox Soccer Channel

Sunday, September 21
West Bromwich Albion v Aston Villa, 7am ET, Setanta Sports
Chelsea v Manchester United, 9am ET, Fox Soccer Channel
Hull v Everton, 10am ET, Setanta Sports
Man City v Portsmouth,

Saturday, September 27
Everton v Liverpool, 7:45am ET, Setanta Sports
Game TBA, 10am ET, Fox Soccer Channel
Aston Villa v Sunderland, 10am ET, Setanta Sports
Fulham v West Ham, time TBD (either 10am on Setanta Xtra or that afternoon on tape delay), Setanta Sports
Man United v Bolton, time TBD (either 10am on Setanta Xtra or that afternoon on tape delay), Setanta Sports
Arsenal v Hull City, 12:30pm ET, Fox Soccer Channel

Sunday, September 28
Portsmouth v Tottenham Hotspur, 8:30am ET, Setanta Sports
Wigan Athletic v Manchester City, 11am ET, Fox Soccer Channel

For the remainder of the schedule, the TV schedules haven’t been announced yet except for the following matches:

Saturday, October 4

Blackburn v Middlesbrough, 12:30pm ET, Fox Soccer Channel

Sunday, October 26
Chelsea v Liverpool, 7:30am ET, Setanta Sports
West Ham United v Arsenal, 10am ET, Fox Soccer Channel

Tuesday, October 28
Stoke City v Sunderland, 2pm ET, Setanta Sports

setanta sports1 Fox Soccer Channel & Setanta Sports Announce 08/09 EPL TV Schedule Wednesday, October 29
Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur, 2pm ET

Wigan v Everton, 3pm ET, Setanta Sports

Sunday, November 30
Manchester City v Manchester United, 8:30am ET, Setanta Sports
Chelsea v Arsenal, 11am ET, Fox Soccer Channel

Monday, December 1
Liverpool v West Ham, 3pm ET, Setanta Sports

27 Responses to Fox Soccer Channel & Setanta Sports Announce 08/09 EPL TV Schedule

1. Sweet! Boro are on 3 times in the first 4 weeks.

Okay, I realize I’m the only person happy ’bout this…

2. TT says:

Haha, the only J Sports tv game on 16/8 in 3pm slot is EFC v Blackburn – how can America ignore that one live?

3. gameoftwohalves says:

I guess I may be forced to get that Setanta Broadband subscription to supplement FSC (unless Setanta suddenly magically becomes available on Comcast). They seem to have the pick of the really big games – Liverpool vs Man Utd, Chelsea vs Liverpool, Arsenal vs Man Utd, plus the Merseyside, Manchester and North London derbies. The only comparable FSC games seem to be Chelsea vs Man Utd and Chelsea vs Liverpool.

I don’t suppose anyone can confirm that all of those games will be on the regular broadband service, as opposed to pay-per-view? I don’t want to set myself up with a $14.99/month subscription and then find I have to pay another $9.99 for the games I really want to watch (not that I won’t enjoy having access to all the other Setanta games).

4. Jeff Hash says:

Game:

I have Setanta Broadband, and I can tell you that last year, all EPL games were included in the regular subscription price. I don’t have any reason, officially or unoffically, to believe it’s going to be different this year.

But, if you want some extra security on that, and can afford it, there’s the annual package at $150, which includes all regular and pay-per-view content. That, by the way, would give you access to Setanta Broadband’s Champions League matches on top of the EPL.

5. Kevin says:

What is the quality lik e on Setanta broadband? How many live games do you get? I am thinking of getting the $150 package but am curious what you guys think. Thanks

6. Jeff Hash says:

Kevin:

I would say the quality of Setanta broadband is in the middle as far as online video goes. Not the best or worse I’ve ever seen. The only issue you might have is you can’t resize the video, so you can’t make it full screen on your computer. Live streams are available at 300K or 600K, whereas on-demand is only 300K.

Setanta broadband shows live the BPL (over 140 games a season), the Coca-Cola Championship (roughly 60 games), the Carling Cup (20 or so games), and French Ligue 1. Setanta also has the SPL, though they don’t often get shown live, and the UEFA Cup on an irregular basis. Setanta also just picked up rights to the FA Cup and a bunch of European World Cup 2010 qualifiers, though they haven’t announced yet how or if those will be broadcast online.

The big thing with going annual instead of monthly, as I noted above, is that you get the PPV matches alongside the regular games. That gives you access to about 35 live UEFA Champions League games, plus whatever else might end up on PPV in the future.

I personally like it a lot. If your willing to accept the technical limitations, I think it’s good value for money. Certainly, getting it on TV is probably better, but its not a bad option.

7. Kartik says:

I have DirecTV and yet do not subscrible to Setanta but keep broadband, because you can watch the matches from wherever including business trips and broadband features some additional leagues from around Europe where some americans play that I need to keep track of.

8. Kevin says:

Jeff, Thanks for your help. Only one last question if you dont mind. Does the Setanta Broadband Channel broadcast the same broadcast as is on the the normal Setanta television channel via sattellite? So for example would I get the Arsenal v. West Brom game Aug. 16th at 7:45, followed by the Man City v. Aston Villa game that live that day on broadband? Thanks again for your help.

I am probably going to end up getting it just wanted to be clear on exactly what I am getting as the website doesnt give you the specifics.

9. Raatzie says:

Do you get Setanta Xtra on the broadband service?

10. eplnfl says:

Setanta Broadband with the year subscription is a deal. Lots of coverage not only of the EPL, but CL, Championship, Rugby.

At times last year quality seemed to be an issue. Maybe the problem was with my system, and I tend to watch it on my laptop and run the picture via split screen into TV, easily done via Windows. At times the game would often stop and start via broadband. If you want a comparison look at a free online broadcast of Superliga or the USL. The quality is not as good as those for sure and that is disappointing since it is a paid service.

I would agree with Jeff’s comments. Not a bad choice but could be better quality wise.

11. Jeff Hash says:

Rattzie:

Usually yes. It’s on Setanta broadband’s 2nd channel.

Kevin:

Yes it is… in most cases. The only exceptions I am aware of is Southern Hemisphere rugby, Australian Rules Football, MUTV and Chelsea TV, which are not available on broadand (note: MUTV and Chelsea TV is not the same as regular Premier League broadcasts). Everything else (including what I described earlier) is on both at the same time.

12. Chris says:

Hi,

thanks for a great list. I’m coming to Miami from Manchester between 11th and 22nd September.

Obviously there’s 2 big games I’d like to see -
    Liverpool vs Man U – 13th – Setanta – 7:45
    Chelsea vs Man U – 21st – Fox – 9:00

Can anyone give a name / address / website to a bar / pub / restaurant that will defiantly be showing these 2 games live?

I’m also amazed that you get far more live games shown over there than we do in the UK!!

Many thanks

Chris

13. Kartik says:

Chris,

Do you know where in Miami you will be staying?

That’ll give me a good idea about the pubs/bars nearby.

14. Chris says:

Hi Kartik,

no I’m flying into Orlando on the 11th, staying there for 1 night, getting a car and driving down the east coast but spending most of our time in and around Miami. No hotels are booked yet.

I will definately be in Miami for the Liverpool game, but maybe back in Orlando for the Chelsea game.

We will probably try to get a hotel on the Miami beach island, but I don’t mind travelling as I’ve got a car with sat nav or a taxi.

Thanks

Chris

15. SSReporters says:

Wow, not that many Fulham games on FSC.

Probably the case of the American players leaving?

16. Kartik says:

Chris

In Miami proper we have a few good premier league friendly pubs. The best is Churchill’s on NE 2nd AVE at N E55th street. They show every PL match available on satellite there.

In Orlando, Cricketers Arms is the best. It is at the Festival Bay mall and is PL, Championship and MLS friendly.

17. Michael says:

I don’t get how for instance it shows on Sat Aug 16th, Fox Soccer Channel covering Liverpool vs Sunderland… but on this website: http://epltalk.com/20082009-premier-league-tv-schedule-for-uk-residents/2592
    , Liverpool-Sunderland is on Setanta. I was under the impression that Fox Sports usually get Sky Sports feeds… is this true? I am new this year to EPL, and want to know how to watch as many games as possible, especially Liverpool games.

18. Tim says:

Setanta in England shows the late game on Saturday whereas FSC shows that game here.

19. Chris says:

Thanks loads for them pubs.

I will be sure to hunt them down on google earth before I go.

Chris

20. Michael says:

Does anyone know where I can watch the Villareal vs Liverpool friendly in the United States. I read on some site that its on Sky Sports (which I cant get..not even in a sports bar), and it doesn’t appear to be on FSC or Setanta. Is it possible that I’m unable to watch it anywhere??

21. pierre says:

what should i do to get setanta service .how do i have to pay.is it a one time payment?can u tell me more about ?

22. The Gaffer says:

Pierre,

More info can be found at http://tinyurl.com/5fahrg

23. Knut Svendsen says:

Saw a comment that you can’t watch full screen; double-click the window and it will become full screen. esc to get out. Looks OK on 600 kbps. You also get to see the hilarous puppet show they do on Setanta with Jose M; don’t miss!!

24. neil land says:

I am coming to Aventura in north Miami in August. Where is the nearest place to watch the games?

25. Churchill’s on NE 2nd and the Fox and Hounds in Fort Lauderdale on Dixie Hwy are about the same distance from Aventura.

26. Gareth says:

Hey there. I am going to be in Auburn, AL for Chelsea v Spurs, anyone got any idea where I can watch the game please?