Szetela Recalled: Other Released for Second Leg vs Barbados

Danny Szetela was the lone player thus far recalled to the US National Team for the upcoming second leg match against Barbados. I’d expect a new goalkeeper to be added to the squad sometime today. Perhaps Tally Hall or Chris Seitz.

The following players have been released:

Brian Ching, Clint Dempsey ), Steve Cherundulo , Landon Donovan , Brad Guzan , Frankie Hejduk , Maurice Edu , Sacha Kljestan , Pablo Mastroeni and Matt Reis .

This entry was posted in Leagues: Major League Soccer, US National Team. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Szetela Recalled: Other Released for Second Leg vs Barbados

1. Phillip says:

Chris Seitz was added also Kartik.

2. kartik says:

Thanks Phillip!

3. kartik says:

Drew Moor has been added as well. I see Seitz on the roster but they never “officially” notified me. Oh well. Have to look more closely next time!

4. Phillip says:

Michael Parkhurst
    Kenny Cooper
    Bobby Convey
    Jozy Altidore (If healthy)
    Robbie Rogers
    Frank Simek (If healthy)
    Edson Buddle
    Michael Orozco
    Arturo Alvarez
    Corey Gibbs

I’d like to see some of that group called in to get a run out.

5. Phillip says:

Reports that I’ve seen around are…

Chris Seitz
    Danny Szetela
    Drew Moor
    John Thorrington
    Chad Barret
    Chris Rolfe

6. Phillip says:

I also wanted to add…

I disagreed with your statement about starting two defensive midfielders against Barbados. I noticed that Michael Bradley seemed to play the far more advanced role up the field like he did throughout the season with Heerenveen which aided in him banging in the loose ball in the box.

7. Berlin says:

Bradley’s only a defensive mid in daddy’s mind. BB’s gonna have to think outside the box. I know it’s a lot to ask but we can’t keep these guys out of position and on the bench. Mix it up Bob!

8. kartik says:

Jamaica crushed the Bahamas 6-0 in the away leg for a 13-0 aggregate triumph. Tyrone Marshall scored a goal for Jamaica. Rene Simoes return to the management of the Jamaicans is yet another reason for Mexico to be concerned as they are grouped together`at the next stage.

9. Michael says:

Excellent, I’m sincerely hoping both Szetela and Seitz get a chance to show their stuff at the senior level.