If you were a manager of a Premier League club, which players from Reading, Birmingham City and Derby County would you snap up? Despite the clubs having parachute payments to lessen the blow of landing in the Championship League, the reality is that some of those three teams will be torn apart and rebuilt.
Even if they’re not, many of the players from those trio of clubs will want to return to the Premier League in the summer transfer window, much to the disdain of fellow players who want to bring their teams back up.
And the reality is that there are some diamonds in the rough among those teams. Here’s EPL Talk’s pick of the best 11 players to sign from those clubs:
- Marcus Hahnemann (Reading)
- Graeme Murty (Reading)
- Nicky Shorey (Reading)
- Alan Stubbs (Derby County)
- Liam Ridgewell (Birmingham City)
- Stephen Hunt (Reading)
- Sebastian Larsson (Birmingham City)
- Giles Barnes (Derby County)
- Kevin Doyle (Reading)
- Mauro Zarate (Birmingham City)
- Mikael Forssell (Birmingham City)
Who would you pick differently and why?