Sign up for the free World Soccer Talk daily email newsletter featuring news, TV schedules and more »

FRI, 3:30PM ET
RUS
FRI, 3:45PM ET
LIEC
AUS

Check Out the Center Circle at the Camp Nou

Camp+Nou Check Out the Center Circle at the Camp Nou

¬†Obviously this picture doesn’t show the point I’m trying to make. I just had to use for it aesthetic purposes, so I hope you don’t mind.

In all seriousness though, if you’re watching the Champions League semifinal first leg between Barcelona and Manchester United at the Camp Nou right now, take a look at the center circle. Whoever painted those lines must’ve been drunk. If not drunk, he was high. He could’ve been both drunk and high.

That is the most wobbly circle I’ve ever seen in a professional stadium, especially a stadium of this magnitude for a game with this importance. It’s a disgrace. You would think that one of the most basic tenants of the game, the lines on the field, would at least be painted correctly. It’s supposed to be a perfect circle with a 10-yard radius around the center spot.

If that’s a perfect circle, then I don’t know how I passed geometry. I don’t think my eyes are deceiving me on this one. What a joke.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Check Out the Center Circle at the Camp Nou

1. Alex Hleb says:

whats this talk about a wobly center circle. it was either your television or your eyes are wobbly.

2. Michael says:

Haha no, I don’t think it was either. I watched the game with friends and they all talked about it, and I have a new TV. I watched the Liverpool-Arsenal game yesterday, as you know, and the center circle was fine.

This one was wobbly and uneven, at least from what I saw. Maybe I’m crazy, who knows.

3. The Gaffer says:

I didn’t notice it at first, but when you pointed it out, I couldn’t take my eyes off it. Yes, one of the most bizarre centre circles I’ve ever seen!

4. Michael says:

So it wasn’t just me! Yeah, I thought it looked funny, and then when Alex questioned me I thought maybe I was going insane.

5. Kyle says:

Do they have cutting-edge groundskeeping equipment like:

-A wooden stake
    -10 yards of string

In Barca?

6. Michael says:

Apparently not, I guess that technology is just too space-age for the Spanish.

7. Fortunately, the line they screwed up is the least important one in football. If it was taken away, would anyone miss it? The ref can do “10 yards” everywhere else on the pitch, why not at kick-offs?