The game’s highest-paid players
After a thread on our sister site, EPL Talk, I did a bit of research to find information on the top paid players. No one on Arsenal’s squad makes an appearance until 60th place, where captain William Gallas pops up.
No big surprise that last year’s Footballer of the Year, AC Milan’s Kaká, tops the pile — raking in $286,876 per week, or just less than $15 million a year — with second-place Barcelona ace Ronaldinho making similar money. With his new deal, Manchester United’s Rio Ferdinand, will move up the list and should be into the top ten.
Also remember that these numbers are just player wages and do not reflect endorsement deals or investments/holdings/net worth.
The Top Ten are:
1. Kaká (AC Milan): $14.9 million per year
2. Ronaldinho (FC Barcelona): $14.1 million
3. Frank Lampard (Chelsea): $13.5 million
4. John Terry (Chelsea): $13.5 million
5. Fernando Torres (Liverpool): $13.1 million
6. Andriy Shevchenko (Chelsea): $12.9 million
7. Michael Ballack (Chelsea): $12.9 million
8. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United): $12.7 million
9. Thierry Henry (FC Barcelona): $12.7 million
10. Steven Gerrard (Liverpool): $12.7 million
It’s not exactly easy to decipher but the full list can be found over at futebolfinance.com