SAT, 8:45AM ET
SOU
SAT, 11AM ET
STO
WHU

2010 Champions League Final in Madrid, 2010 UEFA Cup Final in Hamburg

Bernabeu 2010 Champions League Final in Madrid, 2010 UEFA Cup Final in Hamburg

The 2010 Champions League final will be held at the Bernabéu, home to the team that has won Europe’s top club competition on more occasions than anyone else, Real Madrid.

The Spanish stadium has hosted the final three times, most recently in 1980, and was battling for this honor with Wembley and the Olympiastadion in Berlin. It can hold just over 80,000 people and will surely be filled to capacity come May 2010.

Personally, I think this event should always be held at a neutral venue, at least as long as UEFA wants to keep the final a one-off affair instead of a two-legged tie. If Real Madrid were to reach the final in 2010, something not out of the realm of possibility given Real Madrid’s perennial status as a world power, it would be a huge advantage and one that isn’t fair in the least.

AOL Arena 2010 Champions League Final in Madrid, 2010 UEFA Cup Final in Hamburg

UEFA also announced that the 2010 UEFA Cup final will be held at Hamburg’s HSH Nordbank Arena, formerly (and more commonly) known as the AOL Arena.

This stadium was also used in the 2006 World Cup and, with its UEFA 5-star rating, is eligible to host the Champions League final as well. It’s new; construction took two years to complete and was finished in 2000, and Hamburg SV routinely plays to crowds of over 50,000.

In other UEFA-related news, the 2009, 2010 and 2011 Super Cup matches will be played at the Stade Louis II in Monaco, as has become the custom. The 2010 UEFA European Under-19 Championship was awarded to France, and the same year’s U17 event to Liechtenstein, while Nyon, Switzerland will stage the 2009 UEFA European Women’s U17 Championship.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to 2010 Champions League Final in Madrid, 2010 UEFA Cup Final in Hamburg

1. TheScout says:

What exactly would be a neutral venue and how would you nominate it in advance?

Personally, I don’t see a problem with the Final being held at the Bernebeau…anymore than it was a problem when it was held at Old Trafford a couple of years ago.

2. Michael says:

A neutral venue would be one named in that large period of time before the Round of 16 begins and immediately after the conclusion of the Group Stage. The stadium selected wouldn’t be home to any of the 16 teams left in the competition. Sure, this limits the available pool of stadiums, but it would be just too big of an advantage for a team to have the final in their own ground.

Logistically, I’m not sure if this would be possible given that there would be only five months of advance notice where the final would be, but it could still be feasible. Fans have enough time to buy tickets and book travel arrangements in that time, and the clubs that make the final would still get their allocation to distribute.

3. I have a problem with them knocking Wembley out of the running because of tax reasons. If Wembley was the right choice (and I’m not saying it is), why worry about tax?

4. dragonki2012 says:

Wont’ happen.

The neutral venue.

Why?

Too much money around advertisement.

5. Tom Thumb says:

The location of the final needs to me known more than a year in advance, so it could never be selected after the group phase. I don’t think the home possibility is a problem, it is not like the partisans get all the tickets because UEFA and sponsors control so many. Let’s be realistic, as in all sports the best atmosphere is in earlier rounds, I’m sure a AFC final in Denver or Buffalo is more wild than any superbowl; it is just the way it is in sports. And it’s not like one finalist doesn’t get a home advantage anyway, if the final is in Paris, for instance, this is better for London teams than Italian ones. But it you’re planning to go to the final (and it is high on my list to do one day), you need to know where you’re going well before hand, and the host city needs time to prepare.

6. steve gray says:

if real madrid reach the final of course they will get a huge advantage. Is it not possible to arrange two or three venues to stage the final thus giving each time to prepare if required. No team should have home advantage for any final. If Real madrid do reach the final it will be hugely accepted by the cheat platini who just hates english teams.

7. Paul says:

Bernebeau is a great choice, i couldn’t care less where it’s played, i’m more interested in my team getting there, if i can afford to go i will and if i can’t good luck to those who can, as long as they’re good fans, the further away the greater the adventure, as was Istanbul and i imagine was Russia for the others. Chelsea v Man utd, are we now saying the European cup final should have been played at Villa park? I think not!

My problem is the corporate tickets, for example 20,000 were given away in Istanbul, was a disgrace, i believe in Madrid they’re talking 25 or 30 and thats just out of order.

8. jesus says:

yo vendo camiseta y regalo entrada para la final champions madrid 2010 precio de la camiseta 1800 euros

• Jae says:

Necesitamos entradas para la final de Champions League en Madrid.
      Por favor enviar caso haya alguna información.
      Gracias.

9. kevy P says:

any chance for the eufa champions league final venue to be changed?

10. CARMINE says:

VORREI TRE BIGLIETTI PER LA FINALE GRAZIE.

11. Alis Zohar says:

I have 2 Category – 1 tickets for the final. I am in Toronto but must cancel. Paid a bundle for it. Contact me if interested in buying.

12. Jessica says:

Sorry Nede ,

But Idon’t have received any mail , anhyway let me Know your mail direction to send you more information-
    I sell 2 pen and with any pen I offer a ticket for the Final of The Champions in Madrid the net 22th May.
    Any pen 1500€ , we can negotiated.

Regards

13. Nicholas says:

I have 2 Category 4 tickets for the UCLF. The pair of tickets were won through the Uefa lottery but my team unfortunately got kicked out, so not interested in going any more, my loss is your gain. Seats are next to each other, in sideline, perfect view!!! Fell free to contact me with any type of questions! happyjouinc@gmail.com

14. williams says:

Finale Champions League: Inter – Biglietti Bayern Monaco per la vendita

10 biglietti a sinistra

Calcio, Champions League 2010

Date: Sat, 22 maggio 2010,
    Ora: 20:45
    Località: El Estadio Santiago Bernabeu a Madrid, Spagna

Stadio Indirizzo:
    Indirizzo
    Avenida Concha Espina 1
    28036 Madrid

Lo stadio si trova sul Paseo de la Castellana, a circa 4,5 miglia a nord-est di eastof centro.

contact: ticketstore@live.com

15. CARMEN says:

I have two category 3 tickets for the final
    c_carrasco24@hotmail.com

16. Montse says:

I’ve 2 tickets (together) for the final Champions in Madrid, the 22th May. The tickets are in CATEGORY 2, in a very very good position.

Not less than 2.600 €. If you are interested, message me.

17. Alis Zohar says:

2 Category-1 (best) Tickets to the Champions League Final Madrid May 22, 2010
    1,500 Euros /each

18. Ariadna says:

Hi,

I sell pen, and for free, 2 tickets category 3 for Champions final at Bernabeu. Seats are one next to the other. Pen price: 2000euros.

If interested, please contact me, ariadnadds@hotmail.com

19. John says:

I sell 1 fabulous pen by 2.000 € and I give you 2 tickets for the Champions League Final, 22 May 2010. 2 Category// !.000 €/ each. I’m from Barcelona.

Vendo un fantástico bolígrafo por 2.000 € y te regalo 2 entradas para la final de la Chmapions el 22 de Mayo de 2010. Son de categoria 2// 1.000€/ cada una. Soy de Barcelona

• fulvio says:

te compro a 500 euros.mas no puedo.yo vivo en barcelona pero ahora estoy en milan.dime algo…

ciao fulvio saludos

20. Marc says:

Buenas a todos,
    vendo boligrafo y de regalo entrada categoria C para final champions en Madrid por 1300€.

Good evening,
    I’ve a pen to sell for 1300€, and for free, a final champions league ticket category C.

Contact: sabmat8@hotmail.com