FRI, 4:25PM ET
SAT, 10AM ET
CRY
WHU
SAT, 10AM ET
SOU
WBA

Is ITVN in Serious Financial Trouble?

itvn logo Is ITVN in Serious Financial Trouble?ITVN, the company that provides Setanta Sports via an IPTV set-top box to subscribers in the United States, appears to be in serious trouble.

In what is typically a bad sign in business, ITVN is no longer accepting new subscribers. According to ITVN, “[we are] currently going through a corporate reorganization and we are no longer accepting new subscribers while we focus on our current subscribers.”

ITVN has also closed down its message board and intends on “switching to an email only system.” The ITVN Forums will “no longer [be] a method to reach customer service.”

EPL Talk has received several complaints from ITVN subscribers recently regarding poor quality of the Setanta Sports signal. Oftentimes, the stream didn’t work or worked very poorly.

In October 2007, EPL Talk reported how ITVN subscribers received terrible picture quality during the Merseyside derby.

If you’re an ITVN subscriber and you want to continue watching Setanta Sports and you live in the United States, you have three alternatives if you no longer want to continue being an ITVN customer:

1. Dish Network.
  2. DirecTV.
  3. Setanta Broadband.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Is ITVN in Serious Financial Trouble?

1. I found your site on technorati and read a few of your other posts. Keep up the good work. I just added your RSS feed to my Google News Reader. Looking forward to reading more from you.

Jason Rakowski

2. Robert Belcher says:

I checked my CC charges online and noticed ITVN had charged it once on 01/31 and again on 02/01 for my Setanta subscription. Others might want to check their CC charges.

3. Eric says:

FWIW, World Soccer Daily’s Steven Cohen said on his show the other day that ITVN is out of business and apologized to those who have encountered problems with them.

4. Todd says:

i ran away quickly too but they stopped answering the phones, so just email your desire to cancel service, and they usually do that within a couple of days. setanta broadband is fine, i just miss having it on my TV.

5. Dave M says:

This quote from AFANA web site (Austrailian Football Assoc of No. America):
    =====
    AFANA has been monitoring the situation with ITVN closely. They remain “on the net” (or “on the air” if you will) and the Setanta feed continues however ITVN is no longer taking any new subscribers. Until recently, we had been able to maintain an e-mail dialogue with them and felt assurred that the “reorganization” meant they might survive. However, it’s now been some weeks since we have heard anything and they have not indicated whether the funds owed AFANA will be paid soon, if at all. Accordingly, if we don’t hear from them shortly we will be disabling the links to them until such time as the situation changes.
    =====
    …since it’s not a midweek game kind of week (Champions Leage, Carling Cup, etc), I haven’t even turned the box on – and won’t until the weekend. But they did just bill me on 2/12 so hopefully they’re still functioning.

6. I am actually an affiliate of ITVN and they owe me over $6000. Their phone is cut off, my lawyer fedexed a letter to their office and the office is closed…it doesn’t look good…

7. Pingback: ITVN and Setanta: Service Comes to an End | EPL Talk

8. Yosi says:

Please! anyone have any idea of how to stop ITVN from charging my CC?
    I filled the on-line contact form asking to cancel my account. No respond from ITVN except I got charged twice (on the same day) this month.

Thanks for any help.

9. Matthew C says:

What is the email address to cancel ITVN, they have charged my account twice in the past 2 months. Help!

10. Michael M says:

I just received my credit card bill and I was charged $14.95 twice in the same day! Anyone know how to cancel this service?

11. John P says:

Yup…same here..not only on March 2nd, but again twice on Apr. 2nd.

I sent them an email March 11th to tell them about the double billing and at the same time, requested to cancel my sub, but they STILL double charged me again this month.

I then called my VISA customer service today and they agreed to dispute the charges. ie. I won’t have to pay for 3 or the 4. Since I cancelled on March 11th, I’m only obligated to pay one of those 2 charges on March 2nd.

Just make sure you have a copy of the email you sent when you requested cancellation of your sub.

It usually takes anywhere from 3-6 weeks to reverse the charges on your statement but you won’t be charged any interest. Also, the CSR told me to keep watching my statement for a few months.

Call you credit card company people before these a-holes start thinking they can mess with us!

12. Todd Hillier says:

The same thing happened to me. I got the e-mail from Setanta, I canceled ITVN, then the double-charged me. My CC company is telling me to file a dispute letter to get the charge removed.

13. Looks good! Very usefulGood resources here. Thanks much!