MON, 4PM ET
BRI0
THURS, 3:45PM ET
VER
LAZ

Arrivederci, Rolando Bianchi

Bianchi Arrivederci, Rolando Bianchi

You all know my feelings towards Rolando Bianchi. After he came out in an interview with Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport back in late December and criticized all things English soccer, I wrote here about how selfish Bianchi is and how he should be on the next plane out of Manchester when the January transfer window opened. I took a lot of criticism for it but to be honest, my mind couldn’t have been any more made up that Rolando Bianchi had worn out his welcome in Manchester and that interview sealed his fate at the Eastlands.

I’m glad to see the higher-ups there echo my sentiments as well, and they’ve shipped Bianchi to Lazio on loan with a permanent move back to Italy in the summer very likely. He had nothing positive to say about his club or soccer as a whole in England, and the fact of the matter is he wasn’t producing on the field either; check the stats, you’ll see what I mean.

Bianchi wanted to go back to Italy to boost his chances of playing for the national team, and he made no bones about it. I had no problem with that; every player has his individual ambitions and that’s perfectly fine. As I said back in December however, it was the way he voiced his opinions that crossed the line. He made his club look bad by suggesting the team was full of alcoholics, and he had the audacity to criticize the refereeing in England when in fact, if I recall correctly, there was a major referee match-fixing scandal in his home country just a few years ago.

The bottom line is this: Bianchi didn’t want to be in Manchester and City didn’t want him there after that interview either, so they made a move to get rid of him and end any distractions he was bringing to the club. Both parties involved will benefit from this, particularly Manchester City, but I’m afraid Bianchi hasn’t learned his lesson. City had no choice but to move him out; they could’ve punished him through fines or a demotion to the reserve team, but that would’ve just turned into an unnecessarily ugly situation. Bianchi, on the other hand, will go to Lazio and score his share of goals and maybe earn a spot on the Italian national team. Does that make him a better person and a better teammate? No chance.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Arrivederci, Rolando Bianchi

1. dragonki2012 says:

you were right, congrats, i liked that article as well. every time i saw that guy i’d think of what you said.
    anyways,
    this still does not change the fact that MAN CITY NEED A STRIKER!!! and a good striker too, and soon.
    Weather they’re going to take rejects like west ham always do, or maybe buy big like chelsea or man utd.
    I’m suggesting someone tall and a finisher like Luca Toni or Miroslav Klose, not those two but someone similar.
    :) that’s my 2 cents

2. Kartik says:

Luca Toni or Miroslav Klose? How about Theirry Henry or Francesco Totti? Get real none of those guys are available.

Sven Goran Eriksson is an exception but believe it or not one of the problems Italian footballers have in England is with the poor use of tactics and the style of training. While that doesn’t make them popular on websites like this, it doesn’t make them bad people either. I’ll take Italy’s record of success on the international level over the past thirteen years over England’s entire history any day of the week.

3. Shakira Graham says:

As much distain as I have for Italian refs, he does have a point about Premership officals. They are horrible this year and have blundered so many calls already its unreal. Agree with everything else but he was right about the crap reffing in England.

4. Kartik says:

The standard of officiating is far worse in England than Italy. In fairness the game moves quicker too so it is easier to miss calls (like ACC Basketball versus Big Ten basketball and just like the basketball quicker and faster DOES NOT mean a league is better but it does affect the officials.) in England but in general the officiating in England for years has been worse than the other major leagues in Europe.

5. Simon says:

Not a chance on the Italian reffing. I saw that Juventus Napoli game where 2 of the worst penalties ever were awarded – it was so bad the ref got a months ban. Italy awards a lot of soft pens – Ibrahimovic had a shocking one awarded in Inters game this past weekend in the last 5 minutes when Inter were losing.

6. Kartik says:

Well when Juve is playing the refs are always in the tank for them. That’s been proven. But why exactly do opposing clubs never awarded penalties at Old Trafford again?

7. EPL isn't the only league in the world says:

Typical Brit post. Simply because a guy is better suited to another league or another style of play doesn’t mean he should be subject to vile hatred like this.

8. TT says:

‘Vile hatred’ – how surprising to see you of all people use such a term.

9. Michael says:

It’s not vile hatred, it’s stating the facts; and this isn’t a “typical Brit post” as I wrote it and I’m American.

10. Tippo says:

I think Bianchi shouldn’t have said what he said. He could simply have told the team he wanted to go and I am sure Sven would have released him all the same.

11. dragonki2012 says:

I was using those players as examples, not those exact players,
    but anyways…
    I like how Italian FA isn’t afraid to ban it’s referees for a month or two if they make a shit call, something I have still to see in EPL.
    Except I think it was rob styles in the liv-chels game, but he got a one match ban, that’s like a vacation.
    yeaaa, take it back bianchi!!!

12. Pingback: Transfer window update: Deals finally getting done | EPL Talk

13. conte granata says:

And after 5 minutes in his first match, he was sent off… playing against Torino, the team I support, that is the other team Bianchi used to raise up the price in last days before his move from Manchester.

Really a great satisfaction.