TUES, 2:45PM ET
JUV2
MAL0
TUES, 2:45PM ET
BEN0
ZEN2

Benitez's Future In Doubt Due to Hicks Admittal

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has today admitted he had talks with Jurgen Klinsmann to take over from Rafa Benitez, which will — to me — almost guarantee Rafa’s departure in the coming weeks.

Reason being is that Benitez now knows 100% that his job was in jeopardy. If Hicks told the press before Benitez about the Klinsmann situation, then I can imagine that Benitez will be furious and will consider quitting the club. Even if the Klinsmann situation was just a back-up in case Benitez didn’t qualify Liverpool for the knock-out stages of the Champions League, what happens if/when Liverpool get knocked out by Inter Milan?

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Benitez's Future In Doubt Due to Hicks Admittal

1. Dave Morris says:

“admittal”…? Is this a word in the UK? In the US, we say “admission”.
    ;-)

2. Dan says:

Are they going to fire the manager and then bail? That’s just what they need.

3. Kartik says:

Klinsmann was never going to take a job in Liverpool. No offense but I have followed him for years and unless he was allowed to live in London and commute it was not going to work.

4. DuMien says:

Klinsmann makes all the right decision by going back to Germany rather than England. Nothing beats going back to your native country :)

5. eplnfl says:

I say no. Klinsmann, no way, no how, takes on a club job. This a guy who loves So. Cal. and to give it up for Liverpool in February.

Now that I say it can’t happen, book it!

6. Passing by says:

“Even if the Klinsmann situation was just a back-up in case Benitez didn’t quality Liverpool for the knock-out stages”

Shouldn’t quality be qualify? With the other mistake in this post, start either writing when your eyes are awake or not post at all. This post was frankly embarrassing.

7. The Gaffer says:

Passing By,

I can point you to articles written by the major newspapers that contain spelling mistakes and they get paid significant amounts of money. For me, it’s on a volunteer basis, so quit being so critical.

8. Dave Morris says:

My apologies, Gaff. I thought the little winky-faced emoticon took the edge off. I certainly did not mean to start an open season on criticism here.

ON A SEPARATE MATTER, I think you included a link to SoccerTV.com in one of your weekly newsletters (and I’ve been there many times since). However, it looks like the owner of that url has sold it on – - do you have another resource for all soccer tv broadcasts that’s as well-organized as SoccerTV.com was?

Personally, I benefit greatly from the work you do here – many thanks.

9. The Gaffer says:

Dave,

Naah, I wasn’t aiming the criticism at you. It was aimed at Passing By. No worries :)

A good resource for what’s on telly is http://www.livesoccertv.com/

10. Maclad says:

does this man no what he is talking about rafa gone at the end of the season !!!!!! liverpool are second only on goal diffrence not a CHELSEA fan my ar-e