The FA Cup Third Round relieved us from the dreariness of our normal robust Premier League schedule to enthrall us with live riveting matches like Pompey-Ipswich and grant us the opportunity to pay top dollar to watch Villa-Utd. All 20 Premier League clubs participated at the weekend and here are their performances ranked in order.
1. Manchester United 2-0 win over Aston Villa. They had a tough draw, having to play Villa away. It wasn’t a dominant performance, but they got the goals when it counted.
2. Wigan beating Sunderland on the road 3-0. A convincing win against a (for now) Premier League caliber side away. Still hoping that Wigan supporters adopt “Don’t Let Me Dow-ow-own, Brrrruce!” (the ELO song) as an anthem.
3. Arsenal win 2-0 away at Burnley. It didn’t set the world on fire, but they got the job done.
4. Middlesbrough come back from behind to beat Bristol City 2-1. It’s a win, so Boro supporters will be pleased.
Listen pussycat, give me a smile
5. Chelsea beat QPR 1-0. Got my hopes up when The Guardian misprinted the result as a QPR 1-0 victory. Not impressive but they’ll take it.
6. Portsmouth beating Ipswich 1-0. David Nugent is still alive. Who knew?
I get Ipod. He get Ipod mini. But everybody know it’s for girls!
7-8. Tottenham and Reading Draw 2-2. Berbatov should donate part of his next contract to Reading.
9-10. Manchester City 0 – West Ham 0. Yawn.
11. Derby drew Sheffield Wednesday 2-2. Sheffield Wednesday are a Championship side, but so are Derby so the result is fitting. The Rams will just be happy to fight another day.
12. Aston Villa lost to Manchester United 2-0. Bad draw.
Do Not Fear Me Gypsy. All I want is your tears.
13. Liverpool drew with Luton 1-1. Jose Mourinho… Come on down!
14. Newcastle drew with Stoke 0-0. Do you want your Big Sam ass cheek Medium or Well Done?
15. Bolton lost to Sheffield Utd. 1-0. Respectable loss and probably better for them to bow out early and concentrate on the League.
What’s Up with it Vanilla Face?
16. Fulham drew Bristol Rovers 2-2. They can’t even keep a clean sheet against a struggling League One side.
17. Sunderland lost to Wigan 3-0 at home. Embarassing.
18. Birmingham Lost to Huddersfield 2-1. Unacceptable.
Where I put this?
19. Everton lost 1-0 to Oldham. Teams that are taking that next step don’t lose to Oldham.
20. Blackburn lost 4-1 to Coventry at home. Hideous.