- FC Reading of Pennsylvania has arranged a training academy program with Everton.
- Did you know that The Telegraph newspaper has a media player on their site with a selection of audio and video clips? No, I didn’t either. Now I know what happened to The Telegraph’s Fantasy Football Podcast (it turned into a straight video clip featuring Jed Pittman, who looks a lot younger than what I imagined him looking like). Lots of good football audio clips here, too.
- In case you missed it, here’s an interesting interview with Richard Scudamore, chief executive of the Premier League, by The Daily Telegraph. In it, Scudamore discusses foreign ownership, the second tier of Premier League football and the importance of holding on to rights and battling YouTube.
- Only 45% of the players in the Premier League are English.
- The Miami Dolphins NFL team has found it too expensive to practice at Arsenal’s training ground near London in preparation for their upcoming game at Wembley Stadium. (Scroll down to near the bottom of the page to see the news item).
- Setanta will be launching Arsenal TV in the UK in December (this is in addition to Setanta launching Liverpool TV in the UK this week). What’s next? Wigan TV from Setanta? Who’s with me?
- A study predicts that Setanta will struggle trying to get new customers to sign up for their Premier League package in the UK and Ireland.
- Premier League clubs spent $1.1 billion on transfers in 2007.
More in General,Leagues: EPL
Sunderland head coach Dick Advocaat will head into the final few days of the summer transfer window facing an anxious wait over the final shape of his squad. The 67-year-old Dutchman has repeatedly urged owner Ellis Short to sanction the acquisition of further “quality” signings in the belief that the […]
While Alan Pardew welcomed Yannick Bolasie’s return from compassionate leave, Crystal Palace’s manager revealed midfielder Mile Jedinak will miss the final fixture before the upcoming two-week international break – and Australia’s 2018 World Cup qualifying games with Bangladesh and Tajikistan. The club captain, 31, limped out of the Capital One Cup win […]
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge’s recovery program has been stepped up with the England international set to complete a full week of training. The 25-year-old returned to Merseyside after spending most of the last four months in the United States, where he underwent an operation in April. Press Association Sport understands Sturridge […]
Monday saw Arsenal and Liverpool play out one of the better 0-0 draws in recent memory, with each side laying reasonable claim to dominating a half and finishing deserving winners. It could have finished 1-1, 3-3, or 4-2, to either side, and the fact that it ended goalless only added […]
Yannick Bolasie has told manager Alan Pardew he is ready to return to the Crystal Palace team following the death of his father. Bolasie missed last weekend’s home victory against Aston Villa on compassionate grounds, traveling back to his home in DR Congo to be with his family. SEE MORE: Arsenal […]
In case it escaped your notice, Manchester United made a major signing a couple of days ago. The Old Trafford club have struck a deal with Donaco International, making them United’s official casino resort partner. Oh yes and there’s the business of Pedro signing for Chelsea right under the noses of […]
Victor Wanyama was conspicuous in his absence from Southampton’s traveling party for their Europa League clash in Denmark. The 24-year-old midfielder has been heavily linked with a late move to Tottenham to link up again with former Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino. Current manager Ronald Koeman again reiterated neither Wanyama nor […]
Manchester United is preparing a world record bid of £100 million for Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale, according to the Sunday World. The story from the British publication comes on the heels of manager Louis van Gaal’s statement earlier today that his side does not need to add any more […]
Juan Cuadrado has joined Juventus on a season-long loan from Chelsea, both clubs have confirmed. The 27-year-old Colombia forward returns to Serie A seven months since moving to Chelsea from Fiorentina. Whether there is an option for the move to become permanent remains to be seen. SEE MORE: Why Juan […]
Barcelona have brushed aside media speculation linking Neymar with a world record transfer move to Manchester United and reveal the club will soon offer the Brazilian superstar a contract extension. Reports in England claimed Manchester United were prepared to spend £240 million to acquire the 23-year-old - £130m on Neymar’s buyout […]
Laurent Blanc claims Paris St Germain are close to completing the signing of Manchester United midfielder Angel Di Maria. United's tour of the United States ended on a disappointing note in the early hours of Thursday morning as they lost 2-0 to PSG in Chicago. Despite being named in United's […]
cto Another round of summer friendlies in the US and Canada has come and gone. And they have once again been a smashing success. Crowds have been good as have the all-important TV ratings. There were teams from MLS, USL, NASL, Premier League, Liga MX, Ligue 1, Serie A, Primeira […]
For years, Jose Mourinho has mesmerized the British press with both clever catchphrases and insensitive remarks. As the master of mind games, the Chelsea manager has used the media as an ally to get under the skin of opposing managers and players. Even while media in other countries appeared dubious about […]
Manchester United have launched a surprise bid to sign Southampton winger Sadio Mane. Press Association Sport understands United made a bid for the Senegalese 23-year-old last week. Mane enjoyed a successful year at Southampton last term but United’s interest in the player was unknown until now. Southampton signed Mane from […]
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has revealed he intends to use Marouane Fellaini as a striker this season. United may have enjoyed an unbeaten start to the season, but their form in front of goal has been far from successful. United have scored just twice in three league matches, […]