- FC Reading of Pennsylvania has arranged a training academy program with Everton.
- Did you know that The Telegraph newspaper has a media player on their site with a selection of audio and video clips? No, I didn’t either. Now I know what happened to The Telegraph’s Fantasy Football Podcast (it turned into a straight video clip featuring Jed Pittman, who looks a lot younger than what I imagined him looking like). Lots of good football audio clips here, too.
- In case you missed it, here’s an interesting interview with Richard Scudamore, chief executive of the Premier League, by The Daily Telegraph. In it, Scudamore discusses foreign ownership, the second tier of Premier League football and the importance of holding on to rights and battling YouTube.
- Only 45% of the players in the Premier League are English.
- The Miami Dolphins NFL team has found it too expensive to practice at Arsenal’s training ground near London in preparation for their upcoming game at Wembley Stadium. (Scroll down to near the bottom of the page to see the news item).
- Setanta will be launching Arsenal TV in the UK in December (this is in addition to Setanta launching Liverpool TV in the UK this week). What’s next? Wigan TV from Setanta? Who’s with me?
- A study predicts that Setanta will struggle trying to get new customers to sign up for their Premier League package in the UK and Ireland.
- Premier League clubs spent $1.1 billion on transfers in 2007.
More in General,Leagues: EPL
Leicester striker Jamie Vardy deserves the accolade of “great,” Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal said on Friday. And Van Gaal, who has worked with some great strikers over the years, went as far as to say he would not discount the possibility that Vardy could keep his side in […]
This weekend’s Premier League matches across NBC Sports in the United States features a first. It’ll be the first time that NBC’s lead soccer commentator Arlo White will be announcing a home game for his beloved club Leicester City. White will be joined by Lee Dixon from King Power Stadium […]
There are stories, and then there are stories we will always remember. Leicester City’s rise from the bottom on the Premier League is becoming the latter. From the start of the 2014-15 season to this point, 13 rounds into the campaign, the Foxes have played as title contenders do. It […]
Jose Mourinho has admitted that Tottenham Hotspur are potential title challengers ahead of their clash with Chelsea on Sunday and refuses to rule out moves for Harry Kane and James Vardy. The Portuguese also denied that his Chelsea side have an advantage over Spurs, despite an extra two days’ rest […]
This Sunday at 2pm ET, NBCSN will debut a brand-new Premier League Download episode. This time the subject is Crystal Palace, the south London club who have been in the headlines recently after potential investment from NBA and NHL investors in the United States. To give Crystal Palace full credit, […]
Since Jürgen Klopp arrived to manage Liverpool, a feeling of positivity and progression has reverberated around Anfield. Even during the sequence of draws before his first win, the squad showed encouraging signs of believing in his tactics, specifically the all-important gegenpressing. And while it is taking longer to mirror his […]
From a position of strength at the top of the Premier League a week ago, Manchester City suddenly face a test of their staying power against Southampton on Saturday. City’s shock 4-1 defeat at home to Liverpool last Saturday saw them surrender the lead in the title race, with manager […]
1. SOCCER BOOKS Soccer fans love books especially when they’re from some of the best authors in the business and on topics that only hardcore soccer fans could love. This year, there are several wonderful titles to choose from such as: — DAS REBOOT by Rafa Honigstein Raphael Honigstein charts the […]
A Premier League record could be broken on Saturday afternoon, in a repeat of a fixture last season that produced one of the most thrilling games the competition has ever seen. That match is one of two from English football’s top flight, which feature on our list this week. The […]
Things are heating up in North London between Arsenal and Tottenham, with last weekend’s results leaving Spurs only two points behind the rival Gunners, who sit in fourth place in the English Premier League. But it is not just on the pitch where the competition is picking up. Both teams […]
Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany has withdrawn from the Belgium squad for their friendlies against Italy and Spain. The 29-year-old, who was not involved in full training with his country on Tuesday or Wednesday, was the subject of a club-versus-country row during the previous international break when he played in a […]
(GK) Neville Southall Undisputedly, the finest man to ever don the goalkeeper’s jersey for Everton, Neville Southall’s career with the club spanned a staggering 17 years, in which he won two league titles, two FA Cups and the European Cup Winners’ Cup. Stylistically, the Welshman was ahead of his time. Not […]
John Terry on Tuesday came out fighting in support of Jose Mourinho and refused to contemplate the embattled Chelsea manager being sacked. Mourinho is under pressure from all angles — not least to retain his job amid a miserable run of nine losses in 17 matches in all competitions — […]
Even if both Spurs and Arsenal were languishing in the relegation zone, or even the third tier, the North London Derby would always be a game that defined seasons. So this Sunday’s tilt, with Arsenal tied on points at the top of the table and having won five Premier League […]
Remi Garde will watch Aston Villa at Tottenham ahead of his expected appointment. Press Association Sport understands the 49-year-old could take over at Villa on Monday, with the club bottom of the Barclays Premier League. He will watch Villa at White Hart Lane on Monday evening even if his role […]
Manuel Pellegrini appears to be feeling the pressure after twice storming out on journalists following Manchester City's third defeat in four matches. An exceptional start to the season is beginning to be forgotten after home defeats to Juventus and West Ham were compounded in north London on Saturday. Unable to […]
Jose Mourinho has told his Chelsea players they are far from untouchable as he prepared to unleash Diego Costa on his former club Porto. The Blues boss memorably described the nucleus of his first Chelsea side as permanent names on the team sheet, but he believes his underperforming players are […]
Number one soccer animator Richard Swarbrick is up to it again with another sensational animation. This time, it’s Manchester United’s Anthony Martial in action. The video below features animation of Martial’s goals against Liverpool and Southampton. Swarbrick created the animated video for Shwapsies, an art collective on social media where […]
Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson will be out for at least six months after rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, the Premier League club announced on Tuesday. Wilson, Bournemouth’s top scorer with five goals, sustained the injury during his side’s 2-1 defeat at Stoke City last Saturday and […]
Iker Casillas has opportunity to plot Jose Mourinho’s downfall in today’s Champions League rendezvous
Had Iker Casillas written his own script, his vindication would have been Lisbon, a year-and-half-ago, when he wore the captain’s armband as Real Madrid claimed their 10th European crown. But it’s been a some time since San Iker could author his own fairytales. Over the past five years, a player […]