Updated MLS News
- DC United moved atop the table on goal differential with a 4-0 win at Pizza Hut Park versus FC Dallas. Ben Olsen scored twice in the first half and both Fred and Christian Gomez scored goals from outside the area early in the second half to seal the victory.
- Denilson made his FC Dallas debut during the match and was largely ineffective
- To make room for Denilson, FC Dallas put Marcelo Saragosa on the injury reserve list. He cannot return this year.
- Robbie Findley scored against his old team as the new look Real Salt Lake side moved 4 points clear of bottom with a 2-1 win at the Home Depot Center against the Galaxy. Landon Donovan missed yet another penalty in the match and it is obvious that despite Donovan’s efforts the Galaxy are terribly outclassed every time they take the field in an MLS match.
- A late Juan Pablo Angel goal made Red Bull New York virtually impossible to catch for a playoff spot. The 1-0 win over Chicago put Bruce Arena’s team nine points clear of 8th place. Kansas City’s 1-1 draw with Houston took them 6 points clear of 8th, meaning of Columbus, Colorado and Chicago only one is likely to be in the postseason.
- Today’s Colorado-Columbus matchup is absolutely huge in the playoff race. The winner has a leg up for the 8th spot. Chicago, sitting one point behind both teams should be pulling for a draw.