- Former Premier League referee Jeff Winter reviews David Beckham’s autobiography from the most unusual setting in this brief video here from the Fanbanta website.
- Splended article here by Martin Smith of The Daily Telegraph on a particular Man United programme from the past and what happened on the field during that day against Spurs. Brilliant idea for mixing the past with the present.
- Chelsea business affairs director Paul Smith, who was responsible for Chelsea’s preseason tour in the United States, has been fired by chief executive Peter Kenyon.
- Fox Sports in Australia has announced that they’ll be providing Premier League matches live (and taped) via broadband to their customers down under. This follows Fox Soccer Channel’s launch this August in the United States with a similar offering. More info here.
- Millions of soccer fans in most sub-Saharan African countries will not be able to watch English Premier League matches following a decision by the league to offer coverage rights to a new company. Read the article here.
- Here’s another example of how the Premier League is winning new fans in the United States, even journalists. The article is from The Missoulian newspaper.
More in General,Leagues: EPL
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge’s recovery program has been stepped up with the England international set to complete a full week of training. The 25-year-old returned to Merseyside after spending most of the last four months in the United States, where he underwent an operation in April. Press Association Sport understands Sturridge […]
Monday saw Arsenal and Liverpool play out one of the better 0-0 draws in recent memory, with each side laying reasonable claim to dominating a half and finishing deserving winners. It could have finished 1-1, 3-3, or 4-2, to either side, and the fact that it ended goalless only added […]
Yannick Bolasie has told manager Alan Pardew he is ready to return to the Crystal Palace team following the death of his father. Bolasie missed last weekend’s home victory against Aston Villa on compassionate grounds, traveling back to his home in DR Congo to be with his family. SEE MORE: Arsenal […]
Everton have rejected a transfer request from wantaway defender John Stones. The 21-year-old’s request, which was submitted on Tuesday, was rejected by manager Roberto Martinez on Thursday morning before the club released a statement by Everton chairman Bill Kenwright. Kenwright said in the statement on the club’s official website: “Everton […]
Manchester City may well become Premier League champions for a third time this season, and they are playing great football on their quest to do so. But it is, of course, coming at a cost. The club is currently pushing through a deal with Wolfsburg to sign Kevin De Bruyne. […]
For the past six months, World Soccer Talk writer Chris Moore and I have spent tens of hours researching, writing and compiling our notes to create an ultimate guide to watching soccer live and legally, to share with you. The comprehensive guide gives readers in the US all the details […]
Arsenal could be without both Per Mertesacker and Laurent Koscielny for their Premier League clash against Newcastle on Saturday. The central defensive duo missed Arsenal's goalless draw against Liverpool at the Emirates Stadium on Monday evening. And manager Arsene Wenger has revealed that Mertesacker, battling a chest infection, and Koscielny, […]
Victor Wanyama was conspicuous in his absence from Southampton’s traveling party for their Europa League clash in Denmark. The 24-year-old midfielder has been heavily linked with a late move to Tottenham to link up again with former Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino. Current manager Ronald Koeman again reiterated neither Wanyama nor […]
Chelsea have announced the completion of the signing of Brazilian teenager Kenedy. The 19-year-old joins from Fluminense, who permitted him to take part in the Blues' pre-season tour to North America prior to the formalities of the deal being concluded. None of the terms of the deal were disclosed. The […]
Manchester United will be aiming to maintain their 100% record in the new Premier League campaign when they host Newcastle United at Old Trafford on Saturday. The Red Devils won both of their first two games against Tottenham and Aston Villa via a 1-0 scoreline but will be looking to […]
Manuel Pellegrini hit back at claims from rival Jose Mourinho that Manchester City's 3-0 win over Chelsea was "completely fake". City sent out a strong title warning as they outplayed the champions at the Etihad Stadium to continue their superb start to the Barclays Premier League season. Mourinho felt the […]
Manchester City striker Stevan Jovetic has completed his loan move to Inter Milan. The Premier League club have confirmed the 25-year-old has joined Inter on a year-and-a-half loan deal, with a view to a permanent transfer. Jovetic joined City from Fiorentina in the summer of 2013, but has not been […]
Jose Mourinho has welcomed the Football Association's crackdown on abuse of match officials, despite his at times fractious relationship with football's authorities. A new code of conduct will see touchline staff who abuse officials first given a verbal warning before being sent to the stand in the event of a […]
Louis van Gaal says goalkeeper David de Gea is not ready to start Manchester United's Barclays Premier League game against Tottenham on Saturday. De Gea has been the subject of interest from Real Madrid all summer. The Spain international started the final two games of United's pre-season tour of the […]
The majority of Manchester United supporters were asking the same question when news broke last month of the club’s interest in Torino right-back Matteo Darmian – “Who?” Fans quickly searched the player’s name and history on Google and watched various footage of Darmian on YouTube. Almost immediately questions were raised asking why United […]