SAT, 7:45AM ET
REAL
BARCA
SAT, 12:30PM ET
SWA
LEI

2007/2008 Premier League Predictions

The past few weeks for EPL Talk have been extremely hectic (and that was even before the hospital episode). In addition to helping launch two new podcasts (La Liga Talk and Serie A Talk), I’ve been working on the redesigned web site, launching SoccerOnDish.com, interviewing people for the EPL Talk Podcast and more. What I found is that I ran out of time to add my predictions for the 2007/2008 Premier League season.

So slightly delayed, here are my predictions for the 2007/2008 Premier League season:

1. Manchester United
16. West Ham United
17. Derby County
———————————
18. Bolton Wanderers
19. Birmingham City
20. Wigan Athletic

Who are your picks? Share them below by clicking the ‘comments’ link and we’ll compare and contrast on the EPL Talk Blog at the end of the season.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to 2007/2008 Premier League Predictions

1. Anonymous says:

I’ll not make my definitive preds til the transfer window ends and we’ve seen the teams in action a bit. But some comments on yours:

1. Manchester United – top two, yes

15- Reading
    16- Birmingham
    17- Bolton
    18- Derby
    19- Wigan
    20- Fulham

I made these picks last week and some like Fulham, Liverpool, and West Ham already look very dated. Liverpool getting 3 pts at Villa park was a mild shock to my system, but I will not change my picks, because that would be cheating. :)

3. Simon Burke says:

1 United
    2 Chelsea
    3 Liverpool
    4 Arsenal

17 Birmingham
    18 Wigan
    19 Derby
    20 Middlesbrough

First sacked: Southgate
    FA CUp – Arsenal
    Rubbish Cup – Liverpool
    CL – Barcelona

4. tyduffy says:

Glad to have you back in action, Gaffer.

I am glad you aren’t subscribing to the Tottenham pipe dream. Thats also a ballsy pick for Bolton to go down over Derby.

5. Blogger says:

16. Fulham
    17. Derby
    18. West Ham United
    19. Wigan Athletic
    20. Birmingham

6. Kartik says:

I’m glad many are now seeing my point of view on Spurs. Picking them 8th was tough for me. I actually think they may finish much lower, and after all this talk this summer that they would pass Arsenal and maybe Liverpool, I have found my self actively rooting against them. Spurs could have brought in the class Blackburn did with Santa Cruz instead of someone as over rated and useless as Bent. Jenas is a complete washout, and Keane sometimes doesn’t show up ala Landon Donovan. I maybe wrong in the long run but having fallen for this Spurs thing three times in the past (1999,2003,2006) I am not buying it this season at all. Even when they string together a few victories be assured they will at some point completely collapse and miss Europe all together.

Blackburn is the team to watch for me. I think they are Top 4, champions League material.

7. Anonymous says:

why does no-one ever give wigan athletuc any credit? They are great hopes for the top half, around 10th. They have had some great signings and are currnetly 3rd, so please give them some credit…

8. Pingback: Manchester United Wins the League As Predicted | EPL Talk