Powered by
ned3
JUL 13 3PM ET
arg0
ger1

Interview with Setanta Sports regarding Canada

maple leaf flag Interview with Setanta Sports regarding Canada
I know that there’s a large number of Canadian residents who read the EPL Talk Blog each day. It looks very likely that I’ll have an interview later today with Setanta to discuss the upcoming launch of their network in Canada and their Premier League TV rights. So, if you have any specific questions you’d like me to ask the executive, please post them in the comments with your name or e-mail them to thegaffer[at]epltalk[dot]com

If your question is asked during the interview, I’ll mention your name on the podcast.

I look forward to hearing from you!

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Interview with Setanta Sports regarding Canada

1. Chris says:

How much more pre and post game analysis will we get with Setanta? Currently Sportsnet, The Score and FSC have very little coverage, although I heard that is changing. Also, I would like to have some kind of choice what game gets televised every weekend, maybe put it to a vote on Monday what game we will be watching on Saturday.

I am really looking forward to James Richardson’s coverage he was great for the Serie A.

Chris

2. matt says:

(1) My understanding is that Setanta’s Canada service will carry every single premier league game, either live or delayed, with the exception of the 2nd Choice Saturday 10 AM game on Rogers Sportsnet and the Sunday 11 AM game on The Score.

Are there any games besides the Sportsnet & Score games which will not be aired at some point, live or delayed, on Setanta in Canada?

(2) Will the service be a single dedicated station, or will there be something similar to Setanta Xtra for time slots like SAT 10 AM & mid-week matches?

(3) How close will the non-EPL programming be to what’s available on Setanta USA? What will Canada have that the USA won’t & vice versa?

(4) Between TSN & Setanta, who will be showing what Champions League games?

Matt

3. Anonymous says:

When will Setanta be available on Star Choice/Shaw Cable? Half the country will be unable to watch Setanta until a deal is struck.

4. mo says:

I live in Vancouver, BC and have Shaw cable, they dont know of the Setanta service.

Why has the info been so poor?

Have asked Setanta by email when the channel would be available and replied with “I don’t know , watch it in a bar”.

I have now been told by email from Setanta that it won’t be available ” for a few months ” through Shaw

Is the kind of service we will be getting.

My initial service contact leaves a lot to be desired for.
    I’m really angry about the situation because my cable internet bill is already 110 a month , I was prepared to pay the extra $$ to watch the games, but lack of info , poor service has made me realise this is just exploitation.

I am not prepared to pay more, why shouldn’t I just invest in FTA satellite?

Mo.

5. Anonymous says:

why is a PPV service and not a channel. Where do we get a schedule?

6. Anonymous says:

Will Atlantic Canada suffer or is there something in store for us?

7. The Gaffer says:

Thanks everyone for your questions via e-mail and the comments section here. I just completed the interview and asked many of your questions.

The interview with Setanta Sports regarding Canada will be released this weekend on the same episode as the Fox Soccer Channel interviews (on the EPL Talk Podcast of course).

8. Anonymous says:

Frankly, I thought last year, the coverage was fairly decent: you had three games on saturday on rsn, plus one more on foxsports. Still on fsn: sunday morning: one game; monday afternoon: one game plus a midweek game. Now if you don’t have setanta or CAN’T get it on your cable service like with videotron in Montreal right now, you get the 10h o’clock game on rsn and that’s all. As for the rest, tough noogies.

I’m suppose to go to a bar at 8h am to watch Sunderland and Tottenham???? Geez!

The whole thing stinks….

–Millie

9. John says:

Here I am…up since 7.45AM trying to get a stream that works to watch the Spurs v Sunderland game. They’ve ALL failed. Sick of this! On Starchoice, we’re stuck with ONE game at 10am this season? Terrible? When is FSWC going to spend some money and actually show something? Tempted to get one of those illegal boxes!

John V.

10. j says:

I was hoping that by this morning videotron would have sorted this whole thing out and I would have been able to get setanta. no luck. mind you i was mucking around with the box and noticed that on channel 82 (sportsnet west?) they were showing a rugby match with the feed from setanta. for a second i thought we had it for the free trial month.