Transfer News and Rumors from Around MLS
- The Chicago Tribune is reporting that the Chicago Fire is closing to signing former Costa Rican International attacker, and Manchester City star Paulo Wanchope. With Chris Rolfe soon coming back from injury and Cuauhtemoc Blanco’s recent addition to the squad, the last place hope to make a playoff push.
- Former Chelsea and Manchester United midfielder Sebastian Veron has declared that DC United has approached him about signing for the club.
- Eddie Johnson has turned down an offer to leave MLS and join Derby County, recently promoted to the English Premier League.
- Freddy Adu’s reported sale to Benfica has hit a snag according to Soccer by Ives, because Adu wants a better contract from Benfica.
- FC Dallas midfielder Ramon Nunez who has been in and out of the lineup this season has demanded a trade accoring to the Dallas Morning News.
About Kartik Krishnaiyer
A lifelong lover of soccer, the beautiful game, he served from January 2010 until May 2013 as the Director of Communications and Public Relations for the North American Soccer League (NASL).
Raised on the Fort Lauderdale Strikers of the old NASL, Krishnaiyer previously hosted the American Soccer Show on the Champions Soccer Radio Network, the Major League Soccer Talk podcast and the EPL Talk Podcast.
His soccer writing has been featured by several media outlets including The Guardian and The Telegraph. He is the author of the book Blue With Envy about Manchester City FC.
View all posts by Kartik Krishnaiyer →