- Eddie Johnson scored a hat trick in a thrilling 4-3 Kansas City victory over New England. The Wizards came back from a 2-0 deficit to win the match on the road. Kansas City has moved to within a point of the overall lead in MLS held by New England and Red Bull NY.
- DC United continued the misery of the defending champion Houston Dynamo with a 2-1 victory. Dwayne DeRossario scored the Dynamo goal extending the streak to 11 regular season games where no Dynamo player besides DeRossario or Brian Ching has scored a goal.
- In another exciting match Columbus and Toronto drew 2-2. Andy Herron returned from suspension to score both Crew goals and former Sunderland striker Danny Dichio (who was better known in England for his rough play than his attacking quality) scored a goal for Toronto.
- Herculez Gomez struck back at his former team the LA Galaxy with the game winning goal in Colorado’s 1-0 win. Gomez continues to be a leading candidate for the league’s most improved player.
- Chivas USA came through with an important home win over Western Conference leaders FC Dallas. Maykel Galindo scored a spectacular goal and Ante Razov added a stoppage time strike for the 2-0 victory. FC Dallas clearly missed the suspended Carlos Ruiz and so they need to either trade him or integrate him back into the lineup.
About Kartik Krishnaiyer
A lifelong lover of soccer, the beautiful game, he served from January 2010 until May 2013 as the Director of Communications and Public Relations for the North American Soccer League (NASL).
Raised on the Fort Lauderdale Strikers of the old NASL, Krishnaiyer previously hosted the American Soccer Show on the Champions Soccer Radio Network, the Major League Soccer Talk podcast and the EPL Talk Podcast.
His soccer writing has been featured by several media outlets including The Guardian and The Telegraph. He is the author of the book Blue With Envy about Manchester City FC.
View all posts by Kartik Krishnaiyer →