- The first match that will open the new Wembley Stadium will be televised live for viewers of Fox Soccer Channel this Saturday when England’s under-21 side faces the Italy under-21 team. The new 90,000 stadium (discussed in more detail on the EPL Talk Podcast interview with Simon Inglis back in September) will be limited to a capacity of 60,000 for safety reasons. The match will kick off at 8:30am ET.
- There’s a fascinating article about Everton FC and their Goodison Park by BBC Sport, where they interview an Evertonian professor about whether it makes financial sense to remain at the historic stadium or move elsewhere.
- For those of you who missed it, I made a guest co-host appearance on Soccer Shout earlier this week. You can hear the episode from the SoccerShout.com website, or there’s a link in the “In The Media” section of the epltalk.com website.
- The soap opera that is Luton Town and their recently sacked manager Mike Newell has taken an interesting turn. To learn more, you have to read this fascinating article yourself to believe what the football club is saying. How much do you want to bet that Newell will find it difficult to get another job in football?
- In the meantime, be sure to check out Championship Talk, where Brian Koski and The Scout have been working incredibly hard to provide you with some of the latest news and intriguing stories from the Championship league.
More in General,Leagues: EPL
Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez has signed a three-year deal with Bayer Leverkusen, the Bundesliga club announced today, ending the Mexico international’s five-year run at Manchester United. Initially report have Bayer paying a£8.75 million transfer fee for the 27-year-old star. #Chicharito kommt von @ManUtd und unterschreibt bei der #Werkself bis 2018 || @CH14_ joins […]
Manchester United’s winger Adnan Januzaj has joined Borussia Dortmund on loan for the rest of the season. The 20-year-old Belgium international has struggled to fit into the team under manager Louis van Gaal, though he did score the winner against Aston Villa earlier this season, and will move to […]
Nottingham Forest have accepted an improved offer from West Ham for winger Michail Antonio, Press Association Sport understands. The second bid, thought to be in the region of £7million, comes less than a week after the Barclays Premier League club saw their initial approach turned down. The Hammers had offered […]
Sunderland hope to push through a permanent swoop for striker Fabio Borini after agreeing a deal totaling £10million with Liverpool. Press Association Sport understands that with an offer of £8million plus £2million in add-ons having been accepted by the Reds, Borini was on Wearside on Monday for a medical with […]
West Brom are in talks with Manchester United over a deal for goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard, Press Association Sport understands. Baggies boss Tony Pulis has been in the market for a new goalkeeper all summer and has turned his attention to Lindegaard after failing in a bid to sign David Marshall […]
Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr have announced the signing of West Ham forward Modibo Maiga, although the London club say nothing has been confirmed. A tweet from Al Nassr’s official account on Monday said that the 27-year-old Mali international had signed a two-year contract with the Riyadh-based outfit. But there […]
Tottenham have been handed a daunting group in the Europa League including a long haul trip to Azerbaijan. Spurs were drawn in Group J with Monaco, Anderlecht and FK Qarabag, who play matches in Azerbaijan’s capital Baku. Liverpool’s task is also not straightforward with games against Russian side Rubin Kazan, […]
West Ham striker Diafra Sakho has been arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill and witness intimidation, according to reports. The S*n newspaper said the 25-year-old was arrested on Sunday night before being bailed, having previously been questioned over an alleged assault earlier this month. A Metropolitan Police spokesman […]
Swansea stunned Manchester United for the third consecutive time with another comeback win at the Liberty Stadium. Juan Mata's close-range strike just after half-time put United ahead, but Andre Ayew and Bafetimbi Gomis gave Swansea a 2-1 victory which moved them above the Red Devils and into the top four […]
Kevin de Bruyne's transfer to Manchester City has not gone through yet, although Wolfsburg's director of sport Klaus Allofs has confirmed talks between the two clubs are under way. Reports in England and Germany claimed on Wednesday night that widespread agreement had been reached between all parties, with estimates ranging […]
Barcelona sporting director Robert Fernandez has confirmed to Spanish television that Pedro has asked to leave the club. The Spain international was subsequently left out of Luis Enrique’s starting eleven for today’s UEFA Super Cup against Sevilla. Earlier today, reports emanating from Spain speculated Pedro’s transfer to Manchester United was […]
Manchester United are poised to complete a stunning double move for Barcelona forward Pedro and Valencia center-back Nicolas Otamendi, according to various reports emanating from Spain. The news of Pedro’s imminent transfer to the English side should come as no surprise since the Spain international has been heavily linked with a […]
It’s time for the annual obsession of getting excited and opinionated about the official jerseys released by each of 20 Premier League clubs. Whether you’re a fan of a specific club or want to see what your opponents will be wearing this Premier League season, take a look at the complete […]
There are losses and, then, there are losses. Some hurt more than others. Some happen in preseason and come with a certain luxury of avoidance and denial. Others happen during the season and can demoralize or inspire fans. As a Chelsea fan, I know that watching them lose to a major rival like Manchester City earlier […]
Any good film trying to portray authentic teenage angst has it — the scene where the main character locks itself in a bathroom, flings itself into the driver’s seat of a car, or perhaps collapses against a hallway locker and screams. Screams violently and inexplicably, because there is no outlet. […]