USA- Denmark Live Blog
- Bruce Arena and Eric Wynalda in the same booth? This should be a real doosie……
- I didn’t understand ESPN 2′s profile on Jimmy Conrad. It was totally incomplete. Okay it was a teaser but didn’t appear that way.
- Rob Stone calling these games make them seem like the inconsiquental friendlies that they are.
- The choice of Jimmy Conrad as captain is a statement by Bob Bradley. He is not just going to anoit the best player as captain.
- I like seeing Ricardo Clark and Jon Bornstein getting the start. Bradley wants to see what they have.
- Oh great, Alan Hopkins returns. ESPN just never learns do they?
- Eddie Johnson starts. What exactly has he done in the last 12 months to earn a start with the National Team?
- Donovan takes on two guys! Whoa what a difference a meaningless friendly makes for his confidence.
- Donovan draws a foul and a free kick with the ball at his feet! Must be the home cooking, because he never does this outside LA.
- Nate Jaqua gets in the air and had a Brian McBride look to him!
- Bornstein’s development will be critical as we have to stop using midfielders in the left back position. Eddie Lewis, John O’Brien and Bobby Convey do not belong on the back line
- We are getting beaten all over the pitch. We can’t seem to keep possession or string together multiple good passes in a row.
- Denmark looks to be organized and have a lot of quality on the pitch thus far in minute 19.
- Donovan and Eddie Johnson are looking dangerous together.
- Albright is looking good coming forward but he better be careful not to get beat deep.
- Wyanlda is already down on Donovan! We’ve only played 32 minutes.
- I am surprised considering the superior quality Denmark had that it took 36 minutes for them to get a shot on goal. Of course they made it count and we are now down 1-0.
- Ricardo Clark does well and draws a pk!
- Donovan took a lot of time over that PK and struck it poorly but luckily the keeper botched up what should have been a routine save. 1-1.
- Alexi Lalas is so smug and totally unqualified to run a professional sports franchise.
- Donovan and Johnson both are looking winded and totally useless. Maybe Bradley should let some of the kids step in and get some experience and sit both of them!
- JUSTIN MAPP! WHAT WORK AND A GREAT FEED. GOOD FINISH BY BORNSTEIN. 2-1 WE LEAD!
- Cooper and Namoff coming on.
- Wow. Denmark just misses on a great chance.
- Heath Pearce comes on for Chris Rolfe. Pearce knows this Danish team better than any other US player, as he plays his club football in Denmark.
- Kenny Cooper gets behind the defensive line and finishes nicely. 3-1.
- Kyle Beckerman had a nice opportunity that he sailed over the goal.
- Good win for the USA 3-1. Not much you can take from this game other than that it was a win. Feb 7th in Glendale against Mexico will tell us more, as will the back to back friendlies during the FIFA sanctioned week in late March.
About Kartik Krishnaiyer
A lifelong lover of soccer, the beautiful game, he served from January 2010 until May 2013 as the Director of Communications and Public Relations for the North American Soccer League (NASL).
Raised on the Fort Lauderdale Strikers of the old NASL, Krishnaiyer previously hosted the American Soccer Show on the Champions Soccer Radio Network, the Major League Soccer Talk podcast and the EPL Talk Podcast.
His soccer writing has been featured by several media outlets including The Guardian and The Telegraph. He is the author of the book Blue With Envy about Manchester City FC.
View all posts by Kartik Krishnaiyer →