WED, 2:45PM ET
ATL5
MAL0
WED, 2:45PM ET
LEV2
ZEN0

Questions for ITVN

setanta ad Questions for ITVNWhether you’re an ITVN customer, plan on being one soon or you’re curious about signing up for the new service that allows you to watch Setanta Sports on your TV via a broadband internet connection in the US and Canada, here’s your forum to ask any questions you may have.

You, the readers, and I will answer the questions the best that we can. And those we can’t answer, we’ll ask ITVN directly and will get you the answers.

No questions are dumb questions (especially when it comes to a relatively new technology like Internet Protocol television).

In the meantime, if you’re ready to order ITVN, why not do so through the site that brought you the news first before anyone else? Just click on the banner from the EPL Talk.com homepage.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Questions for ITVN

1. TT says:

I gather you had technical issues with ITVN today, almost as much buffering as the Lpool defence received? what/who’s to blame? Beneathus at least had the decency to put it down to the failings of his own defenders…

2. The Gaffer says:

TT,

Sorry about that. I actually lost my Internet connection during the chat and had to wait about an hour or so before it came back on.

Have no fear. ITVN is working for me, and I’m looking forward to this week’s matches (especially one featuring Everton against Wigan for some reason).

3. Johnathan Starling says:

All I know to say is thank you for answering the questions you had for me in the chat room today. It really helped me and made up my mind that the setup can’t be that bad, espically if the customer service is going to be top notch. I guess they know that w/o good customer service as well with such an infant product, they won’t be around.

Again thanks and look forward to when I’ll be getting the product.

4. TT says:

No prob about the chat, I’d already retired for the night and was dreaming of the 4th & 5th goals hitting the back of the net…

Look forward to next Saturday’s coverage of the Lancashire derby from the Lake Worth studios, Brazilian samba dancers-cum-cleaners half time show accompanying the chat.

5. Anonymous says:

for the past 3 weeks i havent had any problems w/ ITVN. woke up at 7 45 this morning to watch liverpool and started buffering like crazy. lowered my bandwidth and it didnt fix it. it was pretty much unwatchable so i just went back to sleep untill the 10am game on FSC. woke up to see that the screen saver had come on my ITVN. i thought they were supposed to disable that. do i need to do something myself to get rid of it or has that change not happened yet. just wondering why today? looks like the poster above had the same problem so im guessing it wasnt my own internet causing it.

6. The Gaffer says:

One question I have for ITVN is whether there are plans underway to offer a set top box in the future that will include recording functionality similar to a DVR box. This would be extremely beneficial for many soccer fans out there.

Let me know if you have any questions that are ITVN-related.

7. soccerfan15 says:

Regarding Setanta games on demand, there’s a thread on ITVN Forums discussing that topic:

8. The Gaffer says:

Direct from ITVN:

ITVN will be adding a 24-hour VOD service to Setanta Sports. This means two things; (a) you no longer have to rely on a DVR to record games, you’ll simply be able to select from a listing of choices and (b) this will also allow you to view games during non-congested hours. ITVN has been working on this feature for a few weeks and it should be ready by early October.