MON, 4PM ET
WED, 4PM ET
TOT2
BRI0
THURS, 3:45PM ET
VER
LAZ

Champions League TV Schedule Announced for U.S.

champions league logo.jpg.w300h296 Champions League TV Schedule Announced for U.S.Here’s another reason to make sure you have Setanta Sports: Champions League coverage. For those of you who, like me, were only able to watch the Champions League matches on ESPN2 last season, we now have a chance to watch a more comprehensive schedule. Here’s just the matches involving the Premiership sides for Week 1:

Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2:30pm ET, ESPN2:
PSV Eindhoven v Liverpool

Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2:30pm ET, Setanta Sports:
Chelsea v Werder Bremen

Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2:30pm ET, ESPN2:
Manchester United v Celtic

Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2:30pm ET, Setanta Sports:
Hamburg v Arsenal

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Champions League TV Schedule Announced for U.S.

1. Sir Max says:

All i can say is ESPN had the better match choice from a mexican standpoint, but the Bremen chelski match should be very interesting. Maybe a reason just to buy ITVN? hm or maybe stick to the streams from china:P

2. Anonymous says:

Good luck trying to Tivo one and watch the other without knowing the results of the other game. With the ESPN2 ticker and Setanta score updates little chance of that happening. Kudos to FSC for getting this right and not spoiling results for regular EPL matchups (despite the Week 1 scroll mishap).

3. Anonymous says:

According to the ESPN schedule ESPN Classic will also be showing the Barcelona game on delay at 3pm Tuesday and the Real Madrid game at 3pm on Wednesday.

4. Official_Spokesperson_for_the_Steve_McClaren says:

I can’t believe the amount of whingeing on the Fox blogs about not getting ManU games on Fox. They simply can’t do arithmetic. Last year they saw the early games on FSC but the best games were always on PPV channel (DirecTV 799) which cost around $230 per season, in itself, unbelievable value for 76 games!) Now Sentata even when goes up is going to be $140 for the 10 month season it’s $100 cheaper with way more combine coverage. In addition you get the championship League 1, Manu TV which I find really interesting even as a Chelsea fan, and for me ChelseaTV which I fund amazingly frank as they’re phone-ins are really uncensored, often very funny and with great guests. Last week’s exclusive interview with Mourinho was great as was the previous one with Chelsea Chairman Bruce Bucke who gave fascinating background on Roman Abramovich take over. Setanta has UCL instead/as well as of the lousy ESPN. I’m really happy with the coverage. Also the content of the US blogs are way more interesting than those on the BBC

I don’t know how long it will last because clearly Fox was (my guess) making a loss from FSC which is why they agreed to give Setanta the EPL first choice deal. With MLS driven by it’s idiotic draft the fan base for TV soccer here is miniscule compared to baseball/the current mediocre NFL.

BTW fans of Spain and France … don’t forget GOALTV that caries la Liga and the Spanish League I am told.

My message to any fans of the beautiful game is that we have been getting fantastic coverage and discussion that’s way better than you can get in England at very low cost.

I have no commercial interest in cable or satellite but I would say: get DirecTV + channels 613, 614, 615. Pay up. Enjoy it, get addicted. I can’t wait to see Villa v Hammers, or Everton v Liverpool…(Or to see if Mourinho plays Ashley Cole left back and Wayne bridge left wing, Joe Cole right wing)

5. Anonymous says:

I can’t believe the amount of whingeing on the Fox blogs about not getting Man U games on Fox. They simply can’t do arithmetic. Last year they saw the early games on FSC but the best games were always on PPV channel (DirecTV 799) which cost around $230 per season. This was in itself,an unbelievable value for 76 games!) Now Sentata, even when it goes up, is going to be $140 for the 10 month season and so it’s $100 cheaper with way more combine coverage. In addition you get the championship League 1, Manu TV which I find really interesting even as a Chelsea fan, and for me ChelseaTV with amazingly frank uncensored phone-ins, often very funny and with great guests. Last week’s exclusive interview with Mourinho was great as was the previous one with Chelsea Chairman Bruce Bucke, who gave fascinating background on Roman Abramovich take over. Setanta has UCL instead/as well as of the lousy ESPN. I’m really happy with the coverage. Also the content of the US blogs are way more interesting than those on the BBC

6. Anonymous says:

I think something’s wrong with the blog software I’m not the “Steve McClaren” blogger, No idea how it got up like that. The second (anonymous post is the correct one …. weird stuff)